The new Bayside Performance Park houses a 13,000sf performance stage, called the Shell, with a state-of-the-art acoustic sound system along with supporting facilities, including food pavilions and an additional 66 restrooms. Other improvements include a sloped seating area for easier stage viewing, added parking stalls, and other extensive renovations to the existing 10.8-acre park.
This park improvement project will allow the Symphony to enhance its musical presentations by replacing the temporary performance and event venue with a permanent architecturally remarkable and acoustically superior stage. The project will allow the park to become an important public resource as a site for a range of performances and transform it into a year-round community gathering space.
- 13,000sf of covered stage performance space and back-of-house facilities.
- Bay viewing deck at the back of the performance stage for public use during non-event hours.
- Temporary seating with lawns open to the public during non-event periods.
- Event seating capacity up to 10,000.
- New public restrooms.
- Widened public promenades that will remain open to the public.
- Environmentally sustainable landscaping.
- Expanded parking.
LA Times-R&S website